As featured on:
Feature A Page Widget aims to provide a “just works” solution for showcasing a Page in any sidebar. It features:
- Core WordPress features. Nothing crazy.
- A simple set of options with a thought-through UI.
- Three widget layouts.
- Filters and templating for powerful customizations.
- i18n ready.
For those more technically adept, there are three filters and a template to customize the output of the widget.
How to Use the Widget
This plugin enables Featured Images (technically, Post Thumbnails) and Excerpts for Pages in WordPress. If you don’t see one or both of those fields, they may be hidden in the “Screen Options” (look in top-right corner) for Pages.
- Edit the page you will feature.
- Fill out the excerpt and select a featured image on that page.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Add an instance of the “Feature a Page Widget” to the sidebar that will feature the page.
- Select the page you just edited. Choose a layout to use and give the Widget a title if you want.
- Save the widget. Admire your handiwork.
A much longer FAQ is available in the plugin’s readme file.