- Screen Options
- Tips for Writing Posts
- This page has tons of useful, short tips.
- The Visual Editor
- This is actually WordPress.com documentation but it almost identical.
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Or click the “?” icon in any visual editor and go to the “Hot Keys” tab.
The WYSIWYG Editor
Understanding Block Elements
- “Things you should know about website headings” – silktide
- “Headings, heading hierarchy, and document outlines” – 456 Berea St
- “H1: Headings Are Important” – MRW Web Design Blog
- “Difference Between an Unordered List and an Ordered List” – All Things Discussed
- “HTML lists: ordered, unordered, and definition” – ScriptingMaster
- Text Fixer
- Tool to remove line breaks.
- The JetPack shortcode (which offers a lot more than shortcodes) includes a few extra shortcodes for media embedding and creating a site archive.
- Other JetPack modules allow you to add the “After the Deadline” proofreader to the WYSIWYG and support LATEX for complicated equations in the WYSIWYG.
- Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
- Creates a new widget that uses the WYSIWYG editor.
- MCE Table Buttons
- For when you need table buttons in the editor. Don’t over-do it 🙂
- Cleaner Galleries
- Improves markup of the gallery shortcode and makes it easy to use the Thickbox lightbox-like script.
Questions, Comments, & Feedback
Got other favorite WYSIWYG tips & tricks, plugins, or questions/comments about the presentation? Leave ’em below in the comments!